Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cajun Shrimp Casserole

Happy Saturday people of the web! Sorry it has taken me some time to get a few recipes uploaded! I am in the process of switching jobs while attempting to still have some remnants of a social life, and continue to share my blog with you the people! So Last week i found this recipe online for Cajun Shrimp casserole. If you don't know me, I am obsessed with Shrimp, so naturally I had to make this! :) The craziest thing is that this was probably the simplest and easiest meal I think i have ever made! It was also, because shrimp was involved, delicious! Here is the recipe for you fine fellows!

Bits and Pieces:
Recipe from : SOUTHERN LIVING

Ingredients 

  • 2 pounds Large Fresh Shrimp
  • 1/4 cup butter 
  • 1 small red onion, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced okra
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice - I ran out of lemon juice, so i made it without!
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of shrimp soup** You can sub for Cream of Mushroom
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine 
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce - Do yourself a favor and get "Soy Vey" its terrific
  • 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 3 cups cooked long-grain rice
  • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese or enough cheese to cover the entire thing like i did! :)
     
 First start off by making the rice. Once made set aside.

 then chopping all your veggies  and garlic. 



 Add all your veggies to a hot oiled pan (I did not use the butter, just oil).  About 10 minutes till everything is HOT! I used frozen okra and it took just a tad bit longer.
 
Once hot and looking delicious add your SHRIMPS! YUM!
 
  I took the opportunity to SEASON here as well, then add your Soup, wine, soy sauce and pepper.
 Once Everything is blended, continue to cook on stove top till shrimp turn from translucent to pink! Obviously, I feel that you should get a fork out and taste the shrimp frequently, you know, they could be poisonous. I had about 15 throughout this process, I was unable to determine if they had poisonous qualities or not. :)


 Once you have everything cooked and ready to go. Take out a casserole dish or deep baking pan! I then got a giant bowl and mixed the rice and the delicious/poisonous shrimp and veggie mixture together to ensure that everything was coated with the soup, wine, soy mixture. On a side note, I do believe that I am the worst rice cooker in all of the land and I some how made enough to feed an army of people! So I feel that mine could have used an extra soup but it turned out just fine without, your call really. Also, I couldn't find cream of shrimp at the store so I subbed with mushroom soup.


 Everything is coated and the complete mixture is in the baking dish!
 



















 I then covered the ENTIRE tray (for 5 billion people) in Parmesan Cheese.

  Bake at 350° for 15 to 20 minutes or until casserole is bubbly and cheese is lightly browned. Garnish, if desired with parsley and lemon wedges.
 


This literally was the EASIEST meal, but you don't want to let on about that! Make em think you slaved over this little number all day! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment