Saturday, January 14, 2012

Set it ..and forget it! - Crock pot chicken tacos!

Happy Saturday internet buddies!

I have another easy and delicious meal for you to try. I do however have  to give credit where credit is due. I have a wonderful - super crafty friend, who I shall refer to as my "lobster" :) She gave me this amazing recipe for crock pot chicken enchiladas! She has a family of hungry boys and told me that this was a plate cleaner in her house, so clearly I had to try it! Now if you know me personally, i can NEVER leave anything alone so naturally i did some modifying to the recipe since i like things HOT! Here is my take on crock pot chicken tacos.
 
Saturday's bits and piece:
 

 We had company coming over for football and rock band so i made a much larger portion.

Ingredients:
  • 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts thawed. 
  • 1 can cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can cream of chicken soup
  • 1 package dry onion soup mix. 
  • 2 small cans diced jalapenos
  • 1 small can salsa verde (the green one)
  • 1 14oz can Rotel diced seasoned tomatoes and chiles
  • Salt, pepper, red pepper flake, garlic powder and onion powder to taste.  
  • Your favorite hot sauce, heck your favorite 3 hot sauces! If you are like me you will enjoy it the hotter the better.
So basically you start off my taking the chicken breast and seasoning them up and putting them into the crock pot. 


 In a separate bowl mix together the mushroom, onion and chicken soup, along with the chilies, Rotel and salsa verde.. like so...

  Mix together and top with hot sauce
 Then pour this over the chicken in the crock pot. Put the lid on and let the mystical and magical powers of the crock start to take effect. I placed this in on high at 10:30 and we were able to eat by 2!

Go ahead and check out the pot every once in a while to taste test and stir, taste test more importantly though.


Once the chicken is no longer pink you can use tongs to pull it out and lay it on a cutting board so that you can shred it. Once shredded put back into crock.


In the mean time get some small corn tortillas and char them over the fire of one of your burners!


Then cut up some tomatoes, shred some lettuce or cabbage, cut up an avocado and get some sour cream and shredded cheese. Then make Tacos outta it !! Tong out a little bit of the shredded chicken and peppers from the pot into a corn tortilla and add all your fixings!


This recipe is amazing i have made it 4 times since my lobster gave me the original and every time it's a winner! Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Love that my yummy recipe made it on your blog... Even if you modified it. Unfortunately I can only go so hot with these three little munchkin eating too!! I am hoping to have some new recipes of the healthy variety to pass on soon. Also I have some other most delicious recipes for you to try as well. Remind me tomorrow and I shall send you an email with some of them. Love you my Lobster!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyous! I would like to see them as well :D xo

    ReplyDelete